My apartment complex recently changed the way they do packages, and the yarn got lost in the overflow. We eventually hunted it down, but I started 2 days behind. I finished part 1 yesterday, the same day part 2 came out. Here’s hoping I can catch up this week and stay caught up!
It turns out I’ve been doing post stitches a much more difficult way for years. I was going through the post instead of around it. I hesitate to call this incorrect because they worked, and I have a few pieces with many many post stitches that look lovely. Nevertheless, I find them much less tedious now that I’m going around the posts…
There was a lot of talk in the Facebook group about the last row pictured here. The bead and puff stitches tormented quite a few people. The people using cotton yarn seemed to have more issues. Luckily for me, I made a friend’s daughter a baby blanket that was entirely puff stitches, and I’ve found them much less difficult ever since. Instead, I had the worst time getting the stitch count on those mustard rows correct. I must have frogged them 3 times or more. Something about the ruffle stitches was throwing me off.
It was pretty smooth sailing for these rows. Despite the fact that I attached the walnut (dark brown) going in the wrong direction. Can’t believe I didn’t notice that for two rows!
I love the effect of the folding scs (shown from the side below), but it is a pain to find the correct back loops! What followed was a ton of post stitches. Thankfully had few issues with those final rows.
I’m really loving this pattern. It’s challenging and unique, but there is a ton of instruction! In addition to the written pattern with multiple pictures for every row, there are Youtube videos available to walk you through every single step. Keep a lookout for part 2 next week!